LinkedIn is world’s largest social media platform of professionals, with over 500 million members. LinkedIn started as a job seeking resource but has matured into an important marketing tool and a robust building platform.
- Professionals and companies have been loading it with valuable data that can be easily searched upon, such as industries, business titles, seniority levels, job functions, company size, location, employers,
- Professionals visit the site for research and discovery to advance their knowledge base to further their career or business,
- 50% of the members are more likely to purchase from a company they have engaged with on LinkedIn,
- It has the highest lead generation & conversation rates than other platforms, and
- LinkedIn’s members are a quality audience: more affluent, educated, and employed.
No surprise LinkedIn’s second highest revenue stream is their marketing solutions.
To gain more visibility and generate leads with professionals, follow these four steps to success:
1 – LinkedIn Pages – Look like you belong on the platform. Your page, your staff’s pages, and the company page must be professional and complete. They should be search-optimized so they are easily found in a search. Lastly, they should be client-centric highlighting the client benefits and the distinctive attributes of staff and company.
2 – Network Growth – Broaden your reach on the platform. LinkedIn makes it very easy to connect with other members so strategically connect with your clients, prospects, and referral sources.
3 – Network Engagement – Stay “top of mind” on the platform. Clients, prospects, and referral sources are going to forgot about you, your staff, and your company so post business-relevant content regularly.
4 – Employee Advocacy Program – Coordinate employee efforts and leverage the collective networks of participants to broaden the reach of the firm’s content and posts; all tied to measurable business objectives.
To learn how you, your staff, and/or your company can use the LinkedIn platform to build your business, contact JQLaCorte, a full-service LinkedIn consultancy, at 203-221-0372 or visit our website.